Automation Testing – Introduction and Features of Selenium IDE
Selenium IDE (Integrated Development Environment) is the most straightforward apparatus in the Selenium Suite. It is a Firefox add-on that makes tests rapidly through its record-and-playback usefulness. This element is like that of QTP. It is easy to introduce and simple to learn.
Due to its effortlessness, Selenium IDE should just be utilized as a prototyping device, not a general answer for creating and keeping up complex test suites.
Selenium IDE underpins auto complete mode while making tests. This component fills two needs:
• It causes the analyzer to enter summons all the more rapidly.
• It confines the client from entering invalid charges.
Highlights of Selenium IDE:-
It is situated at the best most bit of the IDE. The most generally utilized menus are the File, Edit, and Options menus.
• It contains choices to make, open, spare and close tests.
• Tests are spared in HTML arrange.
• The most valuable choice is "Fare" since it enables you to transform your Selenium IDE test cases into record organizes that can keep running on Selenium Remote Control and WebDriver
• "Export Test Case As..." will send out just the as of now opened experiment.
• "Export Test Suite As..." will send out all the experiments in the right now opened test suite.
As of Selenium IDE v1.9.1, test cases can be sent out just to the accompanying arrangements:
• .cs (C# source code)
• .java (Java source code)
• .py (Python source code)
• .rb (Ruby source code)
• It contains regular alternatives like Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, and Select All.
• The two most essential alternatives are the "Embed New Command" and "Embed New Comment".
• The recently embedded summon or remark will be put over the as of now chose line.
• Commands are hued dark.
• Comments are hued purple.
It gives the interface to designing different settings of Selenium IDE. We will focus on the Options and Clipboard Format choices.
• The Clipboard Format enables you to duplicate a Selenese charge from the manager and glue it as a code piece.
• The arrangement of the code takes after the alternative you chose here in Clipboard Format's rundown.
• HTML is the default choice.
For instance, when you pick Java/JUnit 4/WebDriver as your clipboard organize, each Selenese order you duplicate from Selenium IDE's editorial manager will be stuck as Java code.
Selenium IDE Options discourse box:
You can dispatch the Selenium IDE Options exchange box by clicking Options > Options... on the menu bar. Despite the fact that there are numerous settings accessible, we will focus on the couple of vital ones.
Default Timeout Value: This alludes to the time that Selenium needs to sit tight for a specific component to show up or end up open before it produces a blunder. Default timeout esteem is 30000ms.
Selenium IDE expansions: This is the place you determine the augmentations you need to use to expand Selenium IDE's abilities. You can visit http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/and utilize "Selenium" as a catchphrase to scan for the particular expansions.
Remember base URL: Keep this checked in the event that you need Selenium IDE to recall the Base URL each time you dispatch it. On the off chance that you uncheck this, Selenium IDE will dependably dispatch with a clear an incentive for the Base URL.
Autostart record: In the event that you check this, Selenium IDE will quickly record your program activities upon startup.
Locator manufacturers: This is the place you indicate the request by which locators are produced while recording. Locators are approaches to disclose to Selenium IDE which UI component should a Selenese order follow up on. In the setup underneath, when you tap on a component with an ID quality, that component's ID will be utilized as the locator since "id" is the first in the rundown. In the event Selenium Courses in Bangalore that that component does not have an ID trait, Selenium will next search for the "name" quality since it is second in the rundown. The rundown continues endlessly until the point when a suitable one is found.
• In Selenium IDE, you can open in excess of one experiment at any given moment.
• The experiment sheet demonstrates to you the rundown of right now opened experiments.
• When you open a test suite, the experiment sheet will consequently list all the experiments contained in it.
• The experiment written in striking textual style is the at present chosen experiment
• After playback, each experiment is shading coded to speak to on the off chance that it passed or fizzled.
• Green shading signifies "Passed."
• Red shading signifies "Fizzled."
At the base segment is a rundown of the quantity of experiments that were run and fizzled.